Saturday, November 23, 2013

Twelve Years of Walks

I'm grateful for my neighbor Victor.  We've been walking together for over 10 years now.  It's a funny friendship because we don't have obvious things in common.  Our politics are different; he loves the Vikings and I have very little interests in sports; he's a devout Catholic and I'm a devout spiritual mutt who mixes and matches traditions.  None of this has mattered, however, and  for about 12 years we have walked together, shared our ups and downs, laughed, and prayed through our brokenness and losses. Sometimes life gets complicated and we don't walk together as often as we would like, but when we do, we find that we are right back to where we left off.  Victor always reminds me to look at the big picture, trust God, and persevere.  I walked with him today and felt blessed to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment