Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Playlist that Moves My Soul

Recently, I've downloaded songs that move my soul, gathered and labeled them in a playlist titled "Inspirational".  Many of them I have heard during church services throughout the years. I have both songs in English and in Spanish.  One of the Spanish songs is Pescador de Hombres which was Carlos' mom's favorite song as well as the song requested to be sung at my dad's memorial mass. A powerful song, that no matter how I'm feeling, brings me to tears: tears of joy, sadness, and hope. Others on that list that represent hope are songs that were sung when our children were young. When I had the Inspirational playlist going on in the car this weekend, as Carlos and I were heading out on our date, This Little Light of Mine (Bruce Springstein) played.  We started singing together and smiling. Smiling with the memories in which the only music playing in our van were children's songs sung by the sweet voices of our children. That in itself is the playlist that moves my soul and for that I am most thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment