Friday, November 15, 2013


There is a coolness in the morning air. Blowing over my skin – it creates a much different sensation from the damp heat of tropical summer, the dry roast of a desert, the crisp cold of New England winter. Here, today, it is subtle like the subtle changes of the everglades that surround me.
I like subtle more and more. Simple soft and gentle. Less and less do i want screams, blinding lights, and blasts of perfumes assaulting my senses, though the gusts of wind recently were an exception.
My skin hungers for gentle touches and a simple hug will make me momentarily open my heart to the world around.
Sunk into these simple sensations, i am more moved to find those who live within me who have left my outer senses’ range. I can feel my mother’s breath, cooling my fevered skin, and blowing off the rubbing alcohol to soothe me. I hear my father’s breath in a whisper in my ear telling me to pay attention to the ducks flaring in their landing in front of our canoe. So, my skin’s relationship to the cool air today is a simple blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment