Saturday, November 16, 2013

In 1992, I joined a small group of women who met every Monday for three hours.  I thought it was a study of theology and in four years, we would be done.  Today, I met again with the remnant of that group still in town as we have done sporadically since about 1998 -- with some long hiatuses.  My life today is a gift from that group, as their prayers and conspiracy introduced me to Frank and assured me of his wonderfulness.  We have learned, laughed, cried, sheltered and been sheltered.  Four priests ordained from the group, three deaths of members, spouses and children, dear friends lost to deaths, many children and grandchildren born, losses and joys shared over the years. Life changes, illnesses, discoveries.  I am so grateful for this group in which to be myself before God and to rest in this particular limb of the body of Christ.  To share this shelter for 21 years has been a great blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment