Sunday, November 17, 2013

Creativity and Togetherness

For the past nine months, three friends and I (we all met at our local homeschooling support group over 20 years ago) meet once or twice a month to keep our creative juices flowing. We take turns creating layouts for the hobby that brings us together - scrapbooking. That's how this wonderful weekend started. On Saturday, I gave myself permission to sit and relax. I worked on my recipes while creating this week's meal plan. Then Carlos and I watched a beautiful documentary titled, Praying with Lior.  The film not only had our total attention, David and Inez joined us.  Wow!  That's all I can say about this incredible story. After the movie, I continued to give myself permission to relax, so we all went to eat dinner at Evos.  We shared not only our food, but stories, songs, and lots of love.  Today, we continued to share food, stories, and love during lunch and dinner. For lunch, I made three different and delicious salads and we all ate outside on the terrace. For our family dinner, we gathered at my sister's to celebrate her new kitchen. I am blessed to have such a loving family and to have had such a relaxing weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment