Wednesday, November 27, 2013

This morning I am grateful that a strong storm means only a few hours without power.  That walls still stand, that grocery stores are open, that I can replace anything spoiled and that I have a lot of options.  I am grateful for the experiences that allowed our son and me to laugh about other ways to make Thanksgiving dinner:  a box oven, a Dutch oven with coals, a grill, the two Girl Scout stoves in the trailer out back.  For the thought that most was done and good and cold, so that if the power stayed off, we could take the stuff to our church or my friends' homes.  For the idea that we could make pie at church if needed.  For the entertainment of the ideas we had.  And for the power coming back on after we had all that fun thinking of ideas we knew we were not likely to have to use. 

And one more grateful thought:  storefronts with Cuban coffee -- which I could not make at home this morning.  Much easier to laugh when you have coffee and options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment